Moms Breaking the Silence was established to break the silence surrounding mental illness by providing mental health education and financial assistance for our communities. We are a resource for those who need mental health assistance but don’t know where to start. Let us help you get the help you need and deserve.
Many have been asking about the purpose or VISION of our “Moms Breaking the Silence” group (which Taylor’s Foundation has partnered with since we are basically one in the same). Our fundraisers provide the funding needed to meet our short term goals. Ultimately, however, we are working toward our long term goal which will have the potential to help SO many people.
Our SHORT TERM goals include:
1. Mental Health First Aid for Adults and Youth
2. QPR Training for Adults and Youth 13-17
3. Financial Assistance for Mental Healthcare
4. Mental Health Resource Book with Names and Contact Info for Mental Health Providers (neighboring states)
5. Possible Scholarship for Student Majoring in Behavioral Sciences (college level)
6. Education of Mental Health which Include Sharing our Stories Through Public Speaking Opportunities
Our LONG TERM final goal: Open a Mental Wellness Outpatient and Residential Facility in Brookfield, MO which will provide:
So there you have it. Now you know. PLEASE help us HELP YOU and ANYONE who is suffering. We love our boys fiercely and we will fight tirelessly to keep their memory alive and break the silence that surrounds mental illness.